Thursday

01.01.15 - HAPPY NEW YEAR

Everyone always says “new year, new me!” and I think that’s so lame.  You can change who you are any day, a new year doesn’t change that.  I usual set goals for myself, things I want to accomplish throughout the year.  Becoming a better you is something I think everyone should try every single day, not just for a couple days into the new year and forget about it.  So my goals aren’t going to be ‘be nicer’ ‘be a better friend’ nothing like that.  These are big things that I want to accomplish, on top of continuing to be care free and happy throughout all the ups and downs that I may go through this year.  Now at the end of this year I’m going to look back on this post and make another post and see what I actually accomplished and if I didn’t accomplish something I’ll explain why.  I think this will give me more courage to go after what goals I set.


The first thing I want to do is purchase my first semester of college.  I’m going online because I personally prefer.  I finally have enough money so I plan on starting this when I return from New York at the end of January.

My second goal ties into my first goal, but I’m hoping to at least finish half my degree by June, which may be hard because I’m starting a job and I’ll be moving so my Internet and things will be shut off in May and I’ll be on the road for a couple days to get to Texas, but if I don’t finish by then I hope to be half way done by August.

My third goal is to make a healthy transition back to Texas.  Going to place where I don’t know anybody is difficult, but I’ve moved twice in 1 year so hopefully third time is a charm and it’s easier for me.

My fourth goal is to save up money and really pay attention to what I spend my money on.  I want to be able to still afford to visit New York every few months and still be able to afford my schooling. 

My fifth goal is to get a job with USAA.  I’m going to be studying child development in school so working at their daycare will be such a great experience and a plus is they might help pay for my schooling which would be such an ideal situation for me.


So those are my 5 big goals I hope to accomplish this year.  I know things won’t come easy and I’ll work hard for what I want and study even harder.  We’ll see where this year takes me and see if I’m strong enough to conquer all the battles.  I wish everyone a happy new year and I hope this year doesn’t disappoint!  What are some of your goals for 2015?


Xoxo, Kelly